sidplay2 is the new generation of SID emulation.
sidplay2/w is my Windows front-end to the sidplay2 emulation.
sidplay2/w currently supports normal soundcard output and the
sidplay2 needs special drivers for the HardSID. These are available from the HardSID
page of the sidplay2 home page.
Or straight to the download.
sidplay2/w uses a different configuration file than SIDPLAY/Windows,
sidplay2w.ini, so it is recommended that you go over all the Settings
options and enter your preferences. The mixer and filter configuration
are disabled in this release. sidplay2/w uses more CPU than
SIDPLAY/Windows, due to the more exact emulation. It is less tolerant
to sidtunes that would not run on a real c64, hence some of your sids
may not work. Be sure to use the latest version of the
High Voltage SID Collection.
- 2005-06-02 New release of sidplay2/w with emulation improvements
- 2004-05-27 New release of sidplay2/w with emulation improvements
- 2004-02-20 New release of sidplay2/w with emulation improvements
- 2003-09-27 New release of sidplay2/w with lots of emulation improvements
- 2002-11-07 Patch release of the old SIDPLAY/Windows
- 2002-10-20 New release of sidplay2/w with RSID support
- 2002-09-15 Second release of sidplay2/w with emulation improvement and bug fixes
- 2002-01-27 Initial release of sidplay2/w
Would you like to be notified of new releases?
History, about the author:
My name is Adam Lorentzon. I used to study Computer Science at the
Royal Institute of Technology in
Stockholm, Sweden. For a long time I used SIDPLAY/DOS,
but when development of the DOS version stopped, and there was no support for real soundcards
(Gravis Ultrasound, that is :), I hacked this little Windows port of the ever-improving UNIX version of
The hack grew to include more features, and now it's been changed to use the sidplay2 emulation instead.
If you have any comments, suggestions, bug reports or questions about sidplay2/w, don't hesitate to mail me!
Some test sids
For more sids, go get the High Voltage SID Collection. It is *the* sid collection.
Important! : The psid files are sent out as MIME type audio/prs.sid. Be sure to configure your browser correctly.
||Adam Lorentzon <email@example.com>